Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snowshoes are fun

For Valentines's Day and President's Day weekend we took a little trip to Cascade. I was a little antsy on the drive up waiting for a call from my friend Jessica to see if we had been chosen to go on Ellen. She called on the way there and we were not chosen. I was glad that I found out before we got there because I would have been thinking about it all weekend! I have been wanting to stay in the Ashley Inn in Cascade, but never have because it is a bit more than we usually spend, but we decided to try it out for this trip. It was nice, but it wasn't so much nicer than other places near-by that we could stay, so we probably won't go back. On Saturday morning we went snowshoeing. It was so much fun. Mike carried Hayden on his back in a hiking backpack and we trecked around the river and park area. I was a little worried that Hayden wouldn't like being in the backpack, but it was just the opposite, he wanted to get back in when we stopped for a break. He giggled and giggled when Mike would go up and down little hills. I guess he liked tipping to the side. It was pretty cute. We had a really good time... I want to do it again.

1 comments:

Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian said...

That sounds like it was a lot of fun.