Friday, February 22, 2008

Freaky neighbor

I would say that I am home a good part of each day, and while at home I spend a decent amount of time in my kitchen at the sink. For those of you who have not been to my home I have a window right above my sink that looks out to our back yard, and some neighbor's backyards. I would like to discuss one of these neighbors, because I fear for my life, ok not really but he is freaking me out. If you look at the pictures, his back door is right in line with my window. Not the greatest pictures but I had to take them fast... let me tell you why. He is always standing at his door staring at me. Ok, I don't really know if he is actually staring at me because we are just far enough away from each other that I can't really see his face, but I know he is looking in my direction at least. The other day he waved at me, not a friendly "Hello Neighbor" wave, but a slow I am watching you wave from inside his house. I feel weird now when I want to be at my sink because I have to try to secretly look first to see if he is there. I have tried to just ignore him and hope he doesn't think I am looking at him, but it is hard. I have thought about just keeping my blinds shut, but I hate feeling like I am in a cave. I don't know what to do. So hopefully we will sell our house so don't have to worry about it anymore, but until then, if I come up missing.... please show the police my blog.

7 comments:

jessica said...

Just hope he's not standing there being creepy when someone is looking through your house!

Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian said...

That's weird. That would drive me crazy.

Close the blinds when people come by to look at the house.

Arin Rohrbach said...

Why is it every neighborhood has to have some creepy guy in it? Ours is a man who lives in his van and parks it in front of the house next to ours. He sleeps in the van and when we go on walks he waves from his curtained window in the van. Yikes! Maybe I should introduce him to your neighbor and they can live in the van together in someone elses neighborhood.

Diana said...

That is really creepy...I think you should secretly put your camcorder on him then try to zoom in on it to see what he is really looking at. Weird..

The Marshall Family said...

Arin, I think yours is a little weirder than mine!!!

julie said...

CREEPY!! IS that why you are moving?? Just kidding. Your blog is so cute! It was fun talking and laughing last night. I am excited to check your blog often. I also love your 80's music.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh no! Gross. And double gross about Arin's story, except I keep laughing about it- picturing some happy guy in his curtained van. hahaha Oh dear. Anyway, You should have Mike do the dishes or walk around the house with his shirt off and one of your bras on so that guy would get creeped out and stop looking in your window. Not that Mike wouldn't look lovely with his shirt off and a bra on, of course. Well maybe I'd have to see him to make sure. Go ahead a post a picture of that okay? :) jk