Sunday, February 03, 2008

Nostalgia

Mike wanted me to make his family's cinnamon rolls for a Super bowl treat this weekend. I hesitated, because these cinnamon rolls are 100% nostalgic for him, and I knew that he would be disappointed when they would not turn out exactly as his great grandma made them. But I tried. They did not turn out like he remembered. He still humored me and said they were good though. It is funny the things we remember... and how we want them to be exactly the same. To me these cinnamon roll are just ok. I actually call them caramel rolls because they have a caramel sauce, not the traditional cinnamon roll icing. But to him they are the only cinnamon rolls worth eating. I have something similar; Bacon corn waffles. Every time we would spend the night at my grandma and grandpa's they would make us bacon corn waffles. They were so yummy, and I would eat probably 10 of them. I make them now sometimes, and Mike thinks they are good, but I just rave about them! We all have things from our childhood that we remember that nothing can top... I am gald we have those memories. I hope someday Hayden will be asking his wife to make the ________ his ________ used to make him.

0 comments: