Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Our Adventures this week

Hayden has been infatuated with looking at Christmas lights this year. It is so cute when he sees them (hopefully my description of what he does will do justice!). He makes an "o" shape with his mouth and sucks air in really fast and points. It is funny. So, since he likes the lights so much we decided to take him to the night light parade on Saturday night. It was so cold and Hayden didn't react quite like we thought he would. He just sat there on my lap and hardly moved an inch! In hindsight I think it was because he was frozen. It was really fun though to take him. On Monday I woke up and I could hardly open my eyes because they hurt so bad! To preface this, I have been having problems with my eyes for a couple of months now. They have been irritated and blood-shot red. I have been wearing contacts since I was about 14 years old, but lately if I wear them for even a little while my eyes are crazy. I have gotten two styes in the last few months too. It has all been very weird! So I wake up and can't handle it anymore. I could barely see, both eyes were weeping and swollen. I called the eye doctor and got an appointment that morning. I drive to the eye doctor and hopefully nobody saw me because I looked like the nerd of all nerds. I had my regular eye glasses on and then I had to put my sunglasses on over my eye-glasses because the light was hurting so bad. If anyone has ever tried to do this it doesn't work that well, but I had to make it work, I was desperate. I get to the eye doc and pretty much he does nothing for me. I don't know if he is used to just doing vision exams and not this, but it was frustrating! He saw Hayden in the waiting room and asked if I was nursing him. I told him no, but then at the end of the appointment he told me that he wasn't sure exactly what it was and he didn't want to prescribe me anything that was going to hurt Hayden. Uh, hello....I told you I wasn't nursing. How is anything going to affect Hayden? So, he said I need to go see my regular doctor. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eye doctor = eye help - not in this case. So, thankfully I was able to get into my regular doctor a few hours later. He prescribed me some antibiotic drops. But he said it could also be environmental. Great. I am going to have crazy eyes for the rest of my life. Poor Mike had to be gone from work for several hours to help me with my problem. Thanks Mike.Then to top the day off our garbage disposal went out. Mike and I went to Home Depot (twice!) first time to buy a new one, second time to get more supplies that we didn't know we needed, and then we attempted to put it in. And yes, all we did was attempt. It is Tuesday morning and as I type this I cannot turn water on in my kitchen sink, or my dishwasher. I will be making my third trip to Home Depot because the stinkin' disposal doesn't come with a power cord to plug in. It would have been nice for the company to at least put that on the box so one would know this! Oh well. What do you do.

4 comments:

jessica said...

Sorry about the whole eye thing. Believe it or not I have done the sunglasses over glasses thing before, I think its a great look! Hope you've got your water back now!

Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian said...

My boss sometimes where's two pairs of glasses at the same time so that she doesn't have to get bifocals.

The Marshall Family said...

ok, that is way nerdier than my reason!

Grandma Gogi said...

Ok...I am a grandma nerd. I have my reading glasses on a beaded chain around my neck. Tiny beads. Anyway when we sing hymns at church I usually put the reading glasses on over my glasses. So far no one on the stand has broke out laughing when they look at me. Now for your eye problem...neither one of those DRS knew what they were doing. I have had an eye infection before and my eye DR knew what to do about it. I want you to call Dr Jon Fishburn and make an appointment. The number is 375-8799or 373-1200. He is at INTERMOUNTAIN EYE CENTERS, 999 NORTH CURTIS, SUITE 205. That is at St Als. If you can't get in to Dr Fishburn try Dr Tweeten or any of the 10 eye DRS in the Center. They are also located in Meridian Nampa and St Lukes in Boise. If you want to go to the Nampa one it is at 4400 Flamingo Avenue, Suite 300, Nampa, Id 83687 Tel # 466-2222 that is closer to your home. If you get an appointment in Boise we will watch Hayden for you if at all possible. Take care of those eyes...we only get two of them. Love you, Grandma xxxooo =^) PS Don't go to an optometrist..go to an Opthalmologist.