Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

I am an awful mom. I wasn't going to put up a Christmas tree this year because I didn't want to deal with Hayden getting into it all of the time. To be honest, I haven't gotten out any Christmas decorations. I know, that's bad. I have never been like this. I just had too much other stuff on my plate this year I guess,and it hasn't felt like Christmas for some reason. Well, we started feeling really guilty, so we got out my three little fake alpine trees and decorated them with Hayden. Normally I would gasp at the thought of having a fake tree (I am all for the real thing)! He had so much fun, and he loves having the lights inside the house. We also got to have an early Christmas with Mike's family. His mom made yummy clam chowder. She even made a big pot with no clams because she thought Mike's sister, Rainey, and I didn't like clams...well we both do! Hayden had fun opening his gifts and stealing his cousin Robbie's flashlights he got for Christmas.

1 comments:

jessica said...

Way to bite the bullet and get the tree up!!! I'm so excited for Christmas!!!