Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just like Mommy

Hayden fell asleep this morning in the lid of my gift wrap box. It didn't look very comfortable to me, but he was out! I was thinking of how hard this box must feel on his head and it made me think of a time when I was spending the night at a friends house and I told everyone at the sleepover that I didn't like to sleep on a pillow, but that I slept on books. If I remember right I was in first grade. I guess I thought the girls would think I was cool. I slept on books that night to prove my point. Do you have any funny things you remember making up as a kid to make people think you were cool?

4 comments:

jessica said...

I don't have any on the top of my head...but I will always remember how karalenn told her primary class she was just sweating a lot after she wet her pants at church!

jessica said...

BTW Owen has those same jammies!

The Marshall Family said...

I never heard that story about Karalenn, that is a good one!

Karalenn Hippen said...

Holy cow, I don't even rememeber that. The worlds have shifted. Jessica remembers a story I don't. :) I am laughing so hard about you telling those kids that you slept on books. That is SO SO something I would have done as a kid. I told so many stupid lies like that and then had to stick it out. I told my sister Kristie I had special powers and one of them was to be able to stand the hottest hot and the coldest cold and so she put it on full blast hot in the tub and I had to sit in it watching my skin turn purply red and smile and say, "See. It' doesn't hurt," through gritted teeth. I told a bunch more, but I've already written too much.