Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter weekend and Hayden's hair!

We had a really fun Easter weekend. On Saturday we went to Mike's mom's for an Easter egg hunt and a yummy ham dinner. We have been having practice egg hunts at home all week so Hayden would be ready for the real thing on Saturday. He did great at home, running around laughing collecting all of the eggs, but on Saturday he stopped at the first egg he found and was so fascinated by it. We had to push him to find more, and his little cousins kept bringing him some for his bag. On Sunday he looked so cute in his new outfit. I have been wanting to buy him a belt and he was so proud of it because it looked liked his daddy's. He kept showing it to us after we put it on him. Grandma and Grandpa Barbour came over for dinner and spoiled Hayden! On Saturday, I decided to give Hayden a little trim. I just used the scissors and snipped a little here and there. I am not saying it was perfect, but I didn't think I did too bad. So, afterward Mike was making fun of me a little because it was a bit choppy... and then on Sunday my mom and dad were making fun of me too! My dad says "I have a beard trimmer, we could use that on him to fix it," so I thought, Mike has a beard trimmer, I will get that out and even it up a little bit. On Monday morning I got it out and started in the back. I was actually impressed at my work. Then I started to work on the top... all of the sudden a strip of hair just shaved off. I don't know what happened! It was awful! No matter what I did to fix it it just got worse. I was about to cry! He looked like a little old man who had a horseshoe shaped receding hairline. The picture above does not do the damage to his hair justice, but you can kind of see it. It was so bad I ended up borrowing clippers from a friend and we just had to shave him bald! I feel so bad. He is so sweet though, he has no idea what he looked like and was just as happy as can be through the whole process. I will never ever cut his hair again. We have been calling him baldy, so now he is repeating us saying "bawdy," and touching his head. He is so darn cute... even with a bald head!

2 comments:

jessica said...

He looks cute with his bald head!

crazy lady said...

When you're that cute it doesn't make any difference if you have hair or not. I went through a few bad haircuts with my boys, but they seem to have survived. congrats on the trip too! Sounds like a LOT of fun!