Thursday, March 20, 2008

One of my dream trips!

I have a short list of places that I would like to visit in my lifetime... most of which I thought would be years before I would ever go. Most trips like these are planned in advance, however, in our case we found out and planned a trip to New York City and Washington D.C. in about two days, unexpectedly. Mike was asked to go to a conference for work in Baltimore, Maryland, next month - so we figured we better take advantage of his free flight and hotel in Baltimore. New York is only three hours away and D.C. is less than an hour away. We will be in D.C. during the blooming of the cherry trees, so I am sure it will be beautiful there. I am so excited, overwhelmed, and also shocked at how much places can charge to stay at their hotel. I have found some pretty crappy places in New York, they are a great price, but I am not willing to possibly not return home after our trip because some one can see that we are obviously not from New York, so they decide to steal all of our money and stuff us in the trunk of a car and then drive it off the Brooklyn Bridge. OK, I got a little out of hand, but you know what I mean. We will have Hayden with us too, so we will be limited a little bit on what we can do. I would totally be going to the the "People's Court," if he was not there. Yeah, yeah, make fun of me all you want. While Mike is at his conference Hayden and I will be roaming Baltimore, using the mass transit systems, so hopefully I don't get us too lost. That is scary to think about. I can just see us ending up in a bad part of town, and not knowing what to do. Another one of my worries is our plane rides. I hope there are nice people and airline staff on the plane because Hayden is not going to sit for hours. I guess I ended this with all of my worries, but I know that we will have so much fun! It better be fun because we aren't going to have any money to do anything fun for a long time after this!

5 comments:

The Whittier Family said...

From someone who has spent many hours on planes with young little boys, the dollar store is your friend. When it looks like trouble may be in the near future, give him a toy from the dollar store. When he gets bored of that in an hour or so, give him another. They are new and cool, so he like them, and cheap enough that you wont care when he loses them under the seat and they roll 6 rows back.

Have fun on your trip!

The Marshall Family said...

Yes, the dollar store will be my friend!

Kristen said...

I am so jealous of you! It sounds like so much fun. I hope that you have a great time and don't get lost, jk :).

julie said...

Hey Maria,
I hope you had a fun birthday and were able to do someting fun. Thanks for being a good friend. I can't wait to hear all about your trip in a few weeks. Happy Birthday!!!!!

Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian said...

that sound really exciting! happy birthday yesterday!