Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I am tired

It all started Friday night when I went over to Jenger’s house for a girl’s night party. I stayed there until 3:00 am… I haven’t been up that late in a long time. We all had a good time laughing, eating and talking all night long. The next morning, after only sleeping four hours, I was woken up by my sweet Hayden. Mike was already up, so I was hoping he would get Hayden out of bed, but he didn’t hear him, so I sluggishly got him, gave him a bowl of dry cereal (so he could walk around the house with it) and I went and laid on the couch. Poor Hayden. I was so tired that I should have just relaxed on Saturday, but no, I filled my day up with things, thinking I would go to be early Saturday night and try to sleep in. That didn’t happen. Then on Sunday afternoon Hayden suddenly became sick. He had a high fever and was throwing up, a raspy cough and a runny nose. Sunday night I hardly slept because he was up with a fever all night and just plain didn’t feel good. First thing Monday morning I took him to the doctor. He has croup. Unfortunately this is viral, so there was nothing the doc could give him to “fix” it, so we just have to wait it out. Last night was another long night. Hayden had a fever pretty much all-night and tossed and turned…therefore, so did I. Because of being tired and Hayden being sick my house cleaning has been a little neglected, so today I have been cleaning all day. It is my worst fear that someone will knock on the door and ask to look at the house while it is a disaster. Hayden is sleeping now- that makes me happy!

3 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh no Maria. I'm so sorry. Of course you are so exhausted. Poor baby too. And you can't really get someone to watch him for a few hours so you can get some sleep because he's sick. I'm sorry sweetie!

jessica said...

Why does sickness and exhaustion always have to follow the fun??? Hope you're all feeling better!

Kristen said...

I am so sorry! I hope that you are sleeping better now and that hayden is feeling better. I hate when they get sick and all you can do is wait it out.