Saturday, November 01, 2008

Uggggh!

I have been put on bed rest. Not too happy about it, but I know that this is what needs to happen right now. I have Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (my blood pressure keeps getting high through the pregnancy). This can cause the baby to stop growing. She is fine now... measuring where she should, so the bed rest will hopefully help her to keep growing the way she should. I had this with Hayden and he was only 5 pounds when they induced me around 37 weeks. I didn't have to do bed rest with Hayden though. Different doctor, different ways? So, hopefully she will be bigger than he was. I have cried a couple of rivers over this, but I think I am sorta coming to terms that this is what I will be doing for the next 4-6 weeks. I just hate asking for help, but I am grateful for the friends and family members who are willing to help Mike and I with Hayden and things around the house. It is hard for me to have people clean my house and to send Hayden away, but he will probably love it! He loves playing with friends and being with his grandparents. As for me, I will be reading lots of blogs, and books and watching lots of TV and movies. For Mike's sake I will also try not to be a pain from the couch or bed as I watch my house go crazy! I am so lucky to have my sweet Mike. This is not going to be easy for him, but he has been really good about it.

5 comments:

Collin & Elizabeth said...

Oh Maria...Im so sorry. I hope the days go quickly for you guys and that your baby girl continues to grow and be healthy. You're in our thoughts. You're probably going to get your way and have your baby before me though. :) Take care and we'll check on you.

jessica said...

I'm so sorry!!! I need to call you!

Arin Rohrbach said...

I'm so sorry! I can totally sympathize. I was on bed rest with my last two and it stunk. I did however, get to watch tons of movies and read lots of books. It is hard to send your kids off, but fortunately you have wonderful people around you willing to help. Good luck.

Heather said...

Oh, man, I'm so sorry that would be tough! I wish we lived closer! Thank goodness for the internet, eh? Have you heard of Hulu.com ? You can watch all kinds of movies and tv shows free online, I never get to watch my fave shows when they're on so after I put the kids to bed I'll catch up on hulu. Just a little entertainment idea for ya.... by the way, Hayden is a little doll! Did I already say that?

Lou and Brandy said...

That stinks, sorry. I am sure it is hard to be on bed rest when you have toddler to watch after. Guess the most important thing is to make sure you take care of yourself and that baby girl.