Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hayden is two going on twenty. He is very independent right now, and here are some of the ways he is showing it. He has started going to "Kids Club," which is basically a play group/pre-pre school with Miss Annie. He loves it. I dropped him off the other day and was talking a bit to the mom's when Hayden pointed to the door and said "Out Mommy," giving me a little push. When we are shopping at the store he puts both of his hands out in front of him and says "You stay there Mommy" while he walks ahead of me. He gets very upset if I try to follow him (imagine me trying to follow him, how rude of me!). He won't let us put him in his car seat, he has to climb up into it all by himself, and takes his sweet time doing most days too I will add. If all three of us are together he definitely prefers his daddy over me. We were eating at Taco Time today and he would not share my food with me, he only wanted daddy's taco. He also tells me to stay home when we are all heading to the car. He does tons of other little funny things all day long... I love that little guy.

4 comments:

jessica said...

That's really funny! I especially like how he wants to walk ahead of you in the store. I love that he and Owen are the same age...it makes me remember that everything Owen is doing is perfectly normal.

Kristen said...

Isn't hard when they start to act independent and they don't want your help as much anymore! It is so fun to see them grow and get their own personallities though. Hayden is so cute!

Heather said...

I am so excited right now I could scream! (But then I'd wake up my sleeping two year old in my lap) You are one hard woman to find! I've been trying to find a way to get in touch with you forEVER!! I think of you often and our fun times! How the heck are ya? What a cute cute family you have! I'm in the blogging world too, check mine out! I'm so excited to get in touch, I hope I hear from ya soon! Are you still in the Boise area? So, you're having a baby girl? How exciting! Just a quick memory---remember driving through Salt Lake at 6 AM singing at the top of our lungs and nearly getting smashed by a truck at the intersection? ha ha ha

Heather said...

By the way, send me an email maryheatherbarlow@yahoo.com
love ya~~~~Heather