Friday, October 03, 2008

Help!

This morning I took some mail out to the mail box, and put the flag up so it would be picked up. Later this afternoon I had to go to the store, so on my way to the car I noticed that the flag was down, which obviously means the mail had been picked up and I had new mail waiting for me. I got the mail and then went to the store. As I was driving home from the store I suddenly started panicking about the mail because I didn't know where I had put it. I usually set it on my front seat if I grab it while I am heading out, and it was not there. It was not in my purse...I must have left it sitting on the car, oh crap. I started panicking even more, hoping there wasn't anything important. As I turned into my neighborhood I started scanning it to find my lost mail. I saw an envelope at the corner by my house, so I parked the car and went to see if it had our name...nope, just an empty envelope. Hayden was still in the car, so I unloaded him and our sacks. I must have brought it in the house I was telling myself. By the time I got Hayden in and unloaded all of our stuff I apparently forgot about being totally panicked because I sort of forgot about it and made lunch. Later on my friend Jess called and somehow I remembered it again. I told her the story and she told be how stupid I was (just kidding, she was just thinking it). After hanging up with her I decided that even though I had already gotten the mail I better go check the box... I found the mail! So I hadn't really gotten the mail - yep, I am just crazy. Being pregnant does really weird things to your brain.

6 comments:

jes forrey said...

Ha Ha Ha!! Thats great! At least you found it.... :) That totally sounds like something my sister would do... only thing is she's call me in a panic! And it's not like I'm much help... she lives in Arkansas!

Tara H said...

oh, pregnant brain, I hate pregnant brain. blame all mistakes from here on out on pregnant brain- after your second baby, it's a permanent condition so you can always use it as an excuse! silver lining . . .

Arin Rohrbach said...

Yes, it does, and for some of us it just doesn't come back for awhile. I totally threw Logan's clothes in the garbage instead of the laundry basket the other day???

Nate and Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate and Heidi said...

Hey! I wanted to say hi to you as well after sacrament, but I was in the mother's room. Sophie was upset and I didn't actually get back to the meeting. I love your blog! What a cute family you have!! Congrats on the pregnancy.....I love the name Lydia as well. Talk to ya soon! By the way....we all have mommy brains. Loved the story!

Collin & Elizabeth said...

thats too funny maria!!! I am so tired of having no brain. turkey bowl is just around the corner..yippie!