Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Horsey

I thought this was pretty cute, and funny.... Yesterday Hayden had just woken up from a late nap. He sometimes has a hard time waking up (he didn't get that characteristic from his mom) after his naps. He was having trouble being happy, and for some reason he really loves to pull, hold, yank, or rub my hair. I was getting ready to make dinner and he asked to "pull hair mommy" and I told him no because I have to make dinner. He was not very happy with this and started crying, for a long time. He cried so long about my hair that it turned into involuntary crying ( hard to explain involuntary crying, but you know when you have just cried so hard and so long your body just kind of goes into convulsions). We tried calming him down and nothing was working... we were trying everything and the stinker would not stop! It was getting to the point of frustration for Mike and I and then Mike said "Do you want to gallop like a horsey?" Immediately Hayden stopped crying, looked at Mike and said "yes" and hopped up and began galloping. He was happy again. It was so funny that after all of the "parenting skills" we tried to console him with, that was what worked!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Well who wouldn't want to gallop like a horsey?!? I'll have to keep that calming technique in mind!

Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian said...

That is hilarious. We've been laughing about it for days.