Saturday, November 10, 2007

My "awfuly fun" trip

My friend Jenger and I have been planning a shopping trip to Salt Lake for several months. We have been so excited to go, and last Sunday it finally was time to go. Yeah. Actually it turned out to be a not so yeah trip. On the way there everything was going well... Hayden was sleeping and being very good, and we had good snacks (what more could you ask for). Here is where it took a turn for the worse. We were passing through Snowville and my phone rang... it was roaming, and it was a Texas number- I don't know anyone in Texas, so I didn't answer it. A few minutes later my phone rang again... it was one of my good friends from college, Natalie. I answered it.. it was not Natalie.. it was her sister in law letting me know that Natalie had taken her own life. I could not believe it. She had just come to visit me about a month ago (she is the one I went to Cheesecake Factory with and watched the Office with all weekend).I would have never guessed this was going to happen. So I am upset at this point and in disbelief. We get to the Salt Lake area and I am just exhausted. We stayed with my friend Karalenn. She was so sweet to me the whole time, and she and her husband were so thoughtful of what I was going through. Thanks Karalenn! We did have fun shopping, but my mood was just not the same. In March of this year my family also lost my Uncle Randy due to the same reasons, so I just kept feeling sad for people who feel so sad in life that they decide this is the only way. Then I got really sick... I won't describe the kind of sick, I will just let you fill in the blanks. So the ride home was miserable. I was so exhausted from being sick and emotional that I nearly killed us by falling asleep for a split second, thank goodness for those annoying grate things on the side of the road. Jenger drove home from there and I slept. I was so glad to be home. It took me a few days to get over being sick. I finally feel better. So, I really did not write this to depress you all or to make you feel sorry for me. I wrote this to tell everyone in my life that I love them. Life is precious and you never know what can happen day to day. So make the best of it and do the best things you can! I didn't even take any pictures to post!

2 comments:

Grandma Gogi said...

Oh Maria I am so sorry. This is so sad. What a tragedy...a horrible thing to happen. I wish I hadn't read this before going to bed. I thank God you and your precious passengers were not killed in a wreck when you fell asleep.Ilove you sweetheart. Thank you for coming to the breakfast this morning to celebrate my birthday. It was such a nice surprise because I thought only your Mother and Aunt Tami were doing the breakfast. You are so right...life is so precious and we need to always tell the ones we love that we love them. I love you.
Grandma

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh Mo. It was hard to see you so sad. I didn't take any pictures either from when you were here. I'm glad you got home safe and I hope you are feeling okay.