Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just the three of us...

The three of us went to do some errands today. When I say the three of us, I mean myself, Hayden, and the curling iron. Yes, the curling iron. Hayden found this last night and has not parted from it since. When we were getting ready to go to the store today I gently tried to take it from him so I could get his coat on and get out of the door. He had a fit. He clenched on to the curling iron with dear life, pursed his little lips and grunted loudly- all in attempt to let me know that there was no way that I was taking it from him. Yes, I know that he is only 15 months, but he is very persistent and to possibly your disbelief, he won! I know, you don't have to tell me, I know I should have just taken it away from him, but he is pretty strong (willed and in strength!) I didn't get too many weird looks in Lowe's, but I am sure people were wondering. To make it even worse when I got up to the cash register to pay I didn't have my wallet with me so the three of us had to go home and back again! On the way home he fell asleep so I thought it would be a good opportunity to take it and not let him see it again, nope, he woke up and started screaming for it. I always thought it was funny when I would see kids doing stuff like this, so I guess all I can do is laugh. Don't tell Mike I said this, but maybe someday he will be doing all of our hair!

5 comments:

Val said...

It would be nice to have a stylist in the family! Think of all the money you would save!

jessica said...

That's hilarious, I think it's even funnier that you had to leave because you didn't have your wallet!

Grandma Gogi said...

Oh that is sooo cute. Grandpa says be careful of the cord. Yeah...he is a worry wort even tho it doesn't show much. It is so funny that Hayden is so attached to the curling Iron....usually it is a blanket or teddy bear. Grandma xxxooo =^)

The Marshall Family said...

Yes, he is walking. He is into everything! It is fun though!

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh how funny. I'm sorry all the three of you forgot to bring some sort of money. dear oh dear. Kids are so quirky. I love it. He's just the cutest little guy.