Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Party!

Mike and I went to a Halloween party this weekend. I was an evil doctor and Mike was my poor patient. Mike was a good sport because he is not one to get excited about dressing up for Halloween, but we both had a lot of fun. My cousin Sarah (in the witch costume) and I slaved all morning long of the party to make these witch cupcakes. I think they turned out adorable, and they were yummy too! I was buying candy for Halloween night at Winco in the bulk section ( I guess I am cheap, the good stuff would have been so expensive for the amount I need!) and I was thinking as I was nearing 11 pounds of candy that it is so crazy that we voluntarily give kids candy who come knock at our door! It is fun though. I remember when I used to go trick-or-treating. We would make several trips back home to unload our candy and then sit in the front room for hours trading candy. Each candy had it's trade value. Peanut butter cups were way more valuable than smarties! I can't wait for Hayden to get older and actually know what Halloween is, it will be so fun!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Your costumes turned out great! Sounds like a fun party, did you save me a cupcake?!? Just kidding :)

Grandma Gogi said...

Oh that looked like sooo much fun. Those cupcakes are the cutest. Be sure and send more info about the party when you send me your info for the "family newsletter." First issue is coming up soon. Don't forget.