Friday, August 29, 2008

It's a...

We had another appointment today. We got the confirmation that it is a girl (Although the doc still said save receipt's. I don't think she likes to be fully responsible if it is the opposite gender)! The appointment went well, but we had a bit of a scare. While doing the ultrasound Dr. Z said my amniotic fluid was very low, low enough that she was pretty concerned. She measured the levels and did testing to make sure I was not leaking fluid. She was talking about hospitalizing me.... scary. After the testing was done she concluded that I was not leaking fluid, but that I was most likely dehydrated. The levels were ok enough that she decided to not hospitalize me but told me to drink massive amounts of fluid, don't get hot, and take it easy. I have a follow-up appointment to assure the fluid is returning back to where it should be. Although this happened the baby is healthy and growing a lot! She has been doing gymnastics the last few days in my tummy. I have been feeling a little sick, and I guess I didn't eat or drink enough. I didn't think it would be this easy to get dehydrated, so it makes me wonder how many times in my life I have been dehydrated with out even knowing. So, with that said, I need to go drink some more water... and you should too.

7 comments:

jessica said...

Glad the verdict is official! That is a really scary story though. Drink lots...maybe we could make you some sort of water bong...did I just type that?!? Reading your post made me thirsty.

Lou and Brandy said...

A girl that is so AWESOME!!! Glad to hear all is going well besides your little scare. My friend was the same with fluid...drinking alot did help but just a little. Doc Z?? Who is your doc? So any names picked out? Is hayden excited?

Annie said...

YEA!!! I am so so excited for you!!!! Remember when I told you I was pregnant?? You started jumping and screaming!!! Picture me doing that now about your GIRL!!!!! Any names???

Colleen said...

yeah! girls are always fun. any name ideas yet? drink, drink, drink.

The Marshall Family said...

We do have names... but we are still discussing :)

Tara H said...

Congrats, and be careful! It IS really easy to get dehydrated, glad everything is ok.
did you see my comment on your memories post? I have thought of a dozen more since then, so funny. Remember "These Boots are Made for Walking?"

crazy lady said...

A baby Girl! How fun! I bet you'll remember to drink water now eh? That's a real wake up call.
Congrats!