Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The other night Mike and I went to grab some dinner. We paid for our meal before we ate with the cashier (this will be important, I promise). Our meal started off with Mike deciding to give Hayden a cup and a straw, while I was thinking in my head, "what the heck are you doing," but kept it to my self because Mike is Hayden's parent too! Not a minute later the cup of water was all over Hayden...all over the table. There was a nice waitress who cleaned up the whole mess for us, and she was really nice about it. We ate our dinner and wanted to leave a tip for this girl because of her help but we realized we didn't have any cash on us, and we had already paid, so it was too late. I suggested we leave and get some cash and bring it back to her, and Mike agreed. So, sweet little Mikey motions to the girl (who was probably 19 or so) to come over to him. She walked over and Mike says."So, what time do you get off tonight?" That poor girl was so stunned. Here she was standing at this table with a family and she thought she was getting asked out. She kind of looked at me and quickly stumbled over her words trying to figure out what to say. I realized what was happening and explained to her that my husband was not asking her out, but that we wanted to come back to give her a tip. You could just see the relief in her! Mike and I got a good laugh out of it. So, we got the money and I begged Mike to be the one who took the tip into her (just because I thought it would be funny), but he was too embarrassed!

8 comments:

Collin & Elizabeth said...

I cant stop laughing, that is the funniest story ever!! Tell Mikey that one of these days he needs to grow up and stop hitting on 19yr olds. I mean..really, he is in his 30's now!
AND...yes! we do need to let the kids play together...we should let the boys run around naked too, it would be healthy for them. :)
By the way, how are you feeling?

Kristen said...

That is so hillarious! I would have loved to see the look on the waitreses face.

jessica said...

Too funny! He sure does have a way with words!

jen said...

Oh my goodness!! How funny!! Poor girl and poor mike. It's a good thing you explained it to her. Anyhow we need to get together soon.

Grandma Gogi said...

Oh Maria...that is so utterly funny. I am glad to have had a nice giggle today. I've read that a 15 min laugh a day is very very good medicine...tell Mike to keep it up!!! Grandma xxxooo

julie said...

That was hilarious!

kerstin said...

That's too funny! I can't wait to share that story with Brian when he gets home, I'm sure he will get a good laugh! Hope you are doing well!

Kerstin

Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian said...

You should have told her you were FLDS.