Friday, May 23, 2008

Slacker

Nothing has happened to me... except for being pregnant. Being pregnant sucks the life out of me, so, that is the reason to my blog slacking. I am slowly starting to feel less tired, but I still have my days where all I want to do is lay on the couch, watch TV, and hope Hayden will entertain himself (which usually never happens). I have hardly been sick though, so I am grateful for that. I do however have a very difficult time brushing my teeth. These days the simple task of teeth brushing is very planned and thought out. It can not be for several hours after eating or I am in trouble. I was sick with Hayden...so does this mean I am having a girl??? I have felt "pregnant" sooner this time. Mike says it is in my head, but I have been talking with fellow and former pregsters and they are backing me up. We got to see the little salamander (as Mike likes to call the baby) at the first doc appt. Mike and I decided, as we were going to bed last night, that we would stick with the name Sali Mander (middle is from my sister Amanda) Marshall. Let me know what you think.
A few weeks ago we had 10 yards of rock delivered to our driveway. For those who are not familiar with the amount of 10 yards... all I can say is do not ever have 10 yards of rock delivered to your house, it is a lot. My sweet Mikey worked so hard moving all of the rock into the flower beds and he was exhausted. I did help, but did not do a third of the work he did. The pile of rock in the picture was at the end and was very small compared to what we started out with. Mike ended the project with an hour and a half massage that he greatly deserved. We still have a lot of plants/flowers to plant, but it does look better than the empty flower beds we had dug up last fall.
Hayden is becoming a little boy, and it makes me sad and happy all at the same time. He is saying so many new works and likes to copy us now. I guess we better be careful what we say!! He is the sweetest little thing and I couldn't imagine my life without him. We have been telling him about the baby, and he will point to my tummy and say "baby". I know he doesn't really know what is going on but it is cute.
I took a trip to Utah with my mom and cousin Sarah last week. We went to visit my sister and other family we have there. My mom got a laser treatment done at my sister's skin care clinic (I guess that is what you call it...she is an esthetician), to remove sun spots, etc., and now looks like a lobster or a salmon fillet depending on the view! Hopefully in the end she will like the results, but I think she is regretting it now. On the drive home she had to stick straws in her shirt so her shirt wouldn't touch her skin!
Kinda boring blog entry... but this is what we have been up to!

2 comments:

Amanda, Jeremy and Lillian said...

why do you always come up with weird nick names for me? Or no.. just associations that are wierd? haydens going to think im weird

jessica said...

I love the name Sali Mander...you guys are so creative! The thought of your mom using straws to keep her shirt off of her skin makes me laugh! Too funny!