Saturday, May 03, 2008

Teppanyaki Restaurant

Mike and I went on a really fun date last night to a Japanese Teppanyaki Restaurant, with Mike's brother Brian and his wife Angie. Mike has been wanting to take me for quite some time- and we finally went... I am so glad because we had so much fun. For those of you who have never been before, like me, you sit around the grill and the chef cooks your food right in front of you, while also putting on a show with the cooking utensils, food and seasonings. I ordered fried rice and the chef flipped the eggs around (it was so fast I am not sure exactly what he did) and then caught it on the side of his spatula to crack it on to the grill. It was very impressive. We also had shrimp, chicken, steak, and grilled vegi's. Mike was brave enough to catch the shrimp in his mouth that the chef was tossing in the air. If you have never been before I would recommend it!

3 comments:

jessica said...

I went there once on a weird date. I need to make John take me there so I can enjoy the food AND the company!

jen said...

Sounds like a fun date night and a great place to eat. I will have to keep that in mind one of these days when we are out and want a good meal and some fun entertainment!!!!

Kristen said...

Looks like so much fun and yummy too. I love the picture!