Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yummy!

Mike has taken up a new yummy hobby of dutch ovening (is that a word? I think it is!). He took a class so he could learn a little more about it, and the other night he tested out his new skills on us. He was seasoning his dutch oven with Crisco and Hayden apparently thought the Crisco looked really good, so he dipped his fingers in and ate it. It was so gross...and I just had to watch Hayden's face! Hayden had a lot of fun watching daddy cook outside and seeing the fire, to light the coals. He made us a chocolate hot fudge cake and it was delish! I can't wait for him to try out some more recipes on us.

5 comments:

The Whittier Family said...

we try the dutch oven cooking thing from time to time as well. You gotta share the yummy recipies!

jessica said...

Wow, where's that class...I want John to take it!

Collin & Elizabeth said...

MIKEY! Why didnt your cooking skills ever rub off on Collin? I am so jealous that you enjoy cooking. Nice job on the new skill of dutch cooking. How fun! Enjoy your new recipe trying.
Sad that we will be missing your on the Fourth. Hope to see you soon!

Arin Rohrbach said...

I love dutch oven cooking! We seriously need to get some!

Kristen said...

Yumm! I want some!!