Sunday, January 13, 2008

I can't sleep

The reason you ask? Mike and I are seriously contemplating putting our home up for sale to move closer to town and Mike's work. We have enjoyed our current home, but we have always wanted to be closer in, and feel that Mike will always be working at least close to downtown forever, so he is tired of the commute each day. I can't sleep and I have this on my mind practically every second of the day. I am awful like that because once I start thinking about something significant I can't stop! It is driving me crazy. I just want to make the best decision. Currently we are deciding if we want to build, or rather can afford to build something that we want, without me going back to work so we can live in a fancy house. We have found a lot that is a reasonable price and have met with a builder to see our options. The next dilemma is the selling our house part. Do we use a realtor or sell it ourselves? How much do we sell it for? Not too low, not too high..... so what is the right price???!!!! Then we have the half finished landscaping which we would have to do something with before we put it up for sale, but there is three feet of snow right now on it. So, here I am at 12:30 a.m. thinking about all of this again.... because I can't sleep!

2 comments:

jessica said...

It sucks that you are so stressed! You should try to sleep though. I'm just like you though...I wouldn't be sleeping either, so I know it's easy for me to talk.

Karalenn Hippen said...

I am so much the same way. I hate how I will think about something over and over and over again. Take some ambien. :) I never have, but when I'm up in the night there are those commercials that look like it would help. :) I'll keep checking to see what you decide. I'm sure Mike can wait until spring is there and you can do more planting. :) If the market is anything like it is here, it's at a stand still with being able to sell. Good luck!