Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy Birthday Mikey

Mike turned 31 years old on Friday. To celebrate, we dropped Hayden off at grandma and grandpa's (yeah), and Mike and I had a yummy dinner at Goodwood BBQ, one of Mike's fav restaurants. The dinner salads there are to die for, and they have good ribs too. Then we went to National Treasure 2. I have to say that Mike and I usually have completely opposite tastes in movies, but I actually liked this movie he picked. I saw the first one and I liked it, so I knew a little bit of what it was going to be like. The best part of the night came after the movie because I took Mike to Merrit's. Merrit's is the most awesome place ever. It is this little whole in the wall place that has the best scones in the world, which is why they say on their sign "home of the scones"...imagine that. The waitresses look like, well, waitresses you'd expect to see in a place like Merrit's, and there are weird people to look at- it is so cool. I used to go to Merrit's in high school with my friends, so it brought back memories because I haven't been there in probably 10 years. Look close at the picture because Mike is the cute little thing under the sign. Happy Birthday Wiener. I love you!!!

3 comments:

jessica said...

How come I've never been to Merrits??? I love scones. When do you want to go?

The Marshall Family said...

Anytime. We should probably get babysitters-it might be more fun!

Karalenn Hippen said...

I'm with Jess. I never went there with you either. I've never heard of it. HOw many other secret friends did you have in high school? Love that there are weird people to look at. I'm always up for that. :) Next time I come into town we're all going and pretending that we use to do this all the time. :)