Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Castle

I love to go exploring at thrift shops. Mike however, does not, but one day I kindly persuaded him to stop into The Goodwill with me. He agreed, not because he wanted to, but because he loves me. Mike and Hayden took off to the toy area while McKall and I looked over the rest of the store. I was done and proceeded to find the boys. This is when I learned that Mike told Hayden he could pick any toy he wanted. I had to clarify...any toy? That is pretty dangerous when you are working with a three year old I tried to tell Mike. But, it didn't matter because Hayden was already on the hunt. Mike and I tried to jump in and find Hayden a toy that we approved of. He didn't like any of our ideas. He had found the castle. The dirty, broken, gross, old castle. Noooooooooo I pleaded. But, he was in love. I reluctantly agreed (because it was only $3.00). On the way out he found another toy. Bad Guy is the name Hayden gave him. I was so happy to be bringing Bad Guy home too. Hmmmmm.

Even though I hated it and did not want this it has brought hours and hours of playing joy to Hayden, so I guess it was worth the pain! By the way, the castle pic does not do this thing justice for just how gross this thing is.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Kids fall in love with the "darndest" things! :)

jessica said...

Bad guy is one of the creepiest toys I've ever seen!

Kerr Family said...

I like the picture of the bad guy!

Annie said...

I love that you blogged about this!! :)

Miles Family said...

Bad Guy goes good with the castle. So funny. It's fun to see what you've been up to.