Monday, December 15, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year

The past couple of weeks have gone so fast as we have been adjusting to having McKall here. She is the sweetest baby ever. I just love her so much. Most of my day is spent keeping Hayden off of her because he also loves her so much. It is so sweet to watch him with her, but I am also afraid to have them be alone together. So, I am constantly saying "Hayden where are you," or "What are you doing." He loves to give her kisses and rub his little nose and face on hers, or give her toys to play with. He has only tried to pick her up once, but he learned fast it was not ok. He is a big helper when it comes to changing her diaper and feeding her (which is happening a lot!) I am happy to say that McKall has been much easier than Hayden was. She is an easier baby, but I think that Mike and I were just crazy not knowing what the heck we were doing with Hayden.

Mike and Hayden put Christmas lights up on the house. Hayden had fun "helping" his daddy. He really wanted to climb up on the roof!
I took Hayden to the night light parade. When the floats were coming he kept saying "Whoa," and "they keep coming and coming!" He had so much fun. Mike stayed home with McKall so Mommy and Hayden could have some time together since I have been a bit more busy these days!
Mike and Hayden went on a tree hunting adventure to find the perfect tree! They picked out a beautiful tree. We had fun putting it up together, and Hayden was fascinated by the lights. Our house smells so yummy too.

4 comments:

crazy lady said...

That pic of Hayden and McKall is precious. What a darling little family. Glad things are going well and that Mike survived the installing of the yule lights.

Unknown said...

You were always one for a big, bushy tree! I remember our trees in Pocatello- even though we were college students, we had a dang nice tree thanks to you! Glad you are all adjusting to life with 2- have a great Christmas!

Heather said...

Pretty tree! And fun times and memories! Hey- I have the same curtain rods as you! great minds think alike!!

Annie said...

Yea! Great post! McKall is such a sweetie! (and so is Hayden) :)